What is Depression?
The word depression is used broadly to describe sadness. Depression is a common and debilitating mood disorder. More than just sadness to life’s struggles and setbacks, depression changes how you think, feel and function during daily activities. It can interfere with your ability to work, study, eat, sleep and enjoy life. The feelings of helplessness, hopelessness and worthlessness can be intense and unrelenting, with little, if any, relief.
Hypnotherapy sessions are completely natural which allow the client to override negative feelings and behaviours to reclaim happiness. Our Clinical Hypnotherapist, Asha Berzon dedicates sessions towards the clients’ goals. On average, clients are seen between 8-12 sessions but this varies depending on clients’ needs. Hypnotherapy can be complimentary to any prescribed medication.
Depression can present itself differently according to age or gender:
- Persistently feeling upset, saddened, helpless or emptiness
- Persistently anxious and/or restless
- Fluctuating appetite resulting in other weight management i.e anorexia and obesity
- Irregular sleeping patterns
- Usual hobbies and activities not bringing fulfilment
- Physical symptoms can include body aches and pain, headaches, digestive issues (i.e IBS) and a lower pain threshold
- Sex drive has decreased
- Memory and ability to focus on tasks has deteriorated
- Little or no energy and/or fatigue
Please Note: Solution focused hypnotherapy is very effective. However, results may vary and success is not guaranteed. Success is dependent on your willingness and commitment to make changes. The *FREE initial consultation is a 15 minute telephone consultation.