What is Hypnobirthing?
Thank you for choosing mindAbility Hypnotherapy to support you on this wonderful journey to meet your baby. The aim of this programme is to:
- Prepare both parents for labour and birth by understanding the physical and psychological processes during labour
- Recognising the non-birthing partner has a crucial role to play and together, identify how they can support their partner before, during and after birth
- Prepare to meet your baby
- Challenge fears and misconceptions about birth
- Building your confidence in your body to labour and birth your baby as intended
- Hypnosis tools, to promote and maintain calmness during labour for both parents
Research has shown numerous benefits for parents and child when responding to labour with a calm mind and relaxed body. On average, the programme lasts 4 sessions but this may depend on the client. Each client will receive a personalised package which includes:
- Basic information about labour and birth (trimesters and labour cycles)
- The role of your mind in creating your preferred birth
- A standard MP3 that can be used at any time
- Four additional hypnosis tracks to promote a sense of calm and wellbeing
- A bespoke MP3 based on your birthing plan
- Hypnosis tools for self-hypnosis
Please Note: Solution focused hypnotherapy is very effective. However, results may vary and success is not guaranteed. Success is dependent on your willingness and commitment to make changes.