It is a combination of psychotherapy and hypnosis. Techniques are based on the latest neuroscience research. The approach enables you to seek positive solutions and develop alternative ways of thinking. We aim to free the ability of your mind to have a positive outlook towards life.
Hypnosis is a trance-like state of focus achieved with the help of Hypnotherapist. Trance occurs daily, such as being completely absorbed in a book or going for a run. With the help of our Clinical Hypnotherapist you will be guided to this relaxed and focused state, before reflecting positively on experiences and scenarios. In trance we are able to access our subconscious. This is not stage hypnotism; you will not be clucking like a chicken (unless you really want to). You will be in complete control and will not take actions that are not in line with your moral beliefs.
What can I expect from Hypnotherapy?
The FREE initial phone consultation is an opportunity to understand what mindAbility can offer. It is an informal, no obligation chat to help you decide if we can help you to move forward. If you are ready to make the change, mindAbility will be with you every step of the way so contact Asha Berzon on 07902580703.
During the first appointment, some preliminary details will be taken (personal circumstances etc.). Please note traumatic events are not part of our discussions. Our sessions facilitate and support clients by working towards their goals and building on current strengths. Emphasis is placed upon the small daily positive changes. You will visualise intended steps towards your goal(s) during trance while your mind reflects on the solutions as behavioural templates for possible future action.
Here at mindAbility we know all of our clients are different hence why we offer home visits (subject to mileage restrictions), appointments at Balsall Common GP Surgery or via video conference. Appointments last approximately an hour but the number of appointments will vary according to each client. On average, clients with anxiety will attend 8-12 sessions. Phobias are 4 sessions. Smoking cessation is one extended appointment. Please refer to our services page for further information.
What are the benefits of Hypnotherapy?
- Hypnotherapy can help tackle a variety of emotional and physical issues, which include anxiety, depression, fears and phobias, smoking and many others
- You are likely to feel the impact of Hypnotherapy compared to conventional therapy
- Successful natural alternative method with no side effects
- Your confidence and self belief will flourish
- Cost effective as you will learn life long skills
- Complimentary and can be used in conjunction with prescribed medication
- Sleep will improve leading to better decision making and emotional management
- Empowering as you finally begin to recognise what you are good at
- Barrios (1970) completed a ground breaking meta-analysis of hypnotherapy had a 93% success rate after 6 sessions compared to 72% success rate to behavioural therapy (after 22 sessions on average) and only only 38% success rate with psychotherapy
Please Note: Solution focused hypnotherapy is very effective. However, results may vary and success is not guaranteed. Success is dependent on your willingness and commitment to make changes. The *FREE initial consultation is a 15 minute telephone consultation.